Thursday, September 27, 2007

When I wish upon a moon...


Tonight, as i look up in the dark,cold sky, i saw the only thing that warms up the dark skies.. The big moon..

In the face of the moon, i could feel the gleaming warmth.. shining down on the dark area of the globe where Singapore lies.. Lighting up the supposed sleepy state of Singapore..

But I took this time to wish upon this moon.. To let the warmth fill up the cold emptiness in my heart..

My dearest mum and my beloved brother.. I have no idea how you both are putting up over in China.. My heart bled when i heard the news about you both being detained and unable to come back.. Relentless tears rolled down my cheek as i stared at my brother's empty bed. I sincerely hope that you both will reach home safe and sound as soon as possible.. If needed for exchange, i would rather exchange 5 years of my life for the safety of both of you..

Talking about wishes, i think many people would think they knew what kind of wish i would have made at this very moment.. Call it my folly, call me dumb.. Because i didn't wish for her to be with me.. i didn't wish for her to feel the same way as how i feel.. Instead, i wished for her well-being.. She has been coughing and it hurts to see her like this.. Therefore, that's how i used up my wish.. It isn't important that she loves me.. Because now i know, my happiness lies in her happiness.. When she smiles, i smile.. When she cries, i cry.. Tonight, i told the moon how much i feel for her.. That's my last straw to keep my sanity..

No matter how long and how hard the road ahead is, i know i have to walk on.. Even if i have to crawl, the journey must still go on. I will never give up on life because i know how precious it is.. and i know other lives are indeed interlinked with mine. No matter how hard the obstacles are to get through, i will crash through them. My new found fuel in life.. my new perspective in life.. i know my life will finally be perfect.. because once again, love has entered into my life and has made my heart human again..

Now, it's time for me to pass the torch and light up someone's life as well.. My dear... will it be you?

1 comment:

Chrispy Tine said...

why is my hair standing?h aha